With the rising costs of energy, many home and business owners nowadays are searching for ways to efficiently save money without affecting the quality of the electrical equipment output.
Electrical retrofits can help you achieve this goal by upgrading your facility to make your infrastructure more energy-efficient than ever.
Keep reading to find out more about our electrical retrofitting services and why you should consider implementing them to your home or business.
What is Electrical Retrofitting?
The basic definition of an electrical retrofitting project is revamping your old equipment and replacing them with new technology. This results in a more efficient system within the same electrical footprint.
The purpose of electrical retrofitting is to add functionality and save money through a simple upgrade of your existing equipment to make your infrastructure as energy-efficient as possible.
Electrical retrofitting projects are either residential or commercial. This means you can reap the benefits of electrical retrofits whether you decide to renovate your home or your business. Here are some examples of electrical equipment that may require retrofitting:
- Circuit breakers
- Motor controls
How Does Electrical Retrofitting Work?
Most electrical retrofitting projects begin with upgrading the lighting system in the facility. This includes removing all existing T12 lamps, magnetic ballasts, and/or HID fixtures, then installing T8/T5 lamps, electronic ballasts, and high bay replacement fixtures instead.
Electrical retrofits offer a positive improvement in quality, quantity, and consistency of performance for all your electrical equipment. The new energy-saving renovations can benefit both your business and your home, all the while allowing you to minimize your impact on the environment.
Moreover, electrical retrofits help you adhere to government regulations. For example, lighting retrofits will replace old T12 and HID systems that are currently being phased out with new, approved technologies.
Our Electrical Retrofitting Services
In addition to T12 retrofit projects, our electrical retrofitting services include:
- Electrical panel, subpanel, and circuit breaker retrofitting
- Complete or partial rewiring
- Adding wiring systems for the setup of heat pumps
- Low voltage lighting
- Electrical lighting retrofitting, control panels, and dimmer switches
- Swimming pool retrofitting
- Electrical retrofitting kitchen wiring to support the installation of avant-garde appliances
- Electrical wiring retrofits for installation of modern hot water boiler
- Complying to building and safety codes
Why Should You Consider Electrical Retrofits?
The following points are some reasons why you should retrofit your home or business:
- Extra Savings – the cost of installing energy-efficient technologies can be recouped over one or two years. This investment will bring you the highest ROI as part of its financial benefit, by reducing energy consumption and cutting down your utility bills as long as the system is up and running.
- Economic Benefits – whether newly constructed or under renovation, owners who decide to install sustainable electrical systems throughout their facilities can benefit from utility rebates, tax incentives, and federal tax deductions.
For example, the Energy Policy Act of 2005 allows business owners to have a tax deduction of $.60 per square foot for setting up energy-efficient lighting with the necessary controls.
- Less Pollution – electrical retrofits allow for less energy consumption. This means less maintenance, less waste spilling in the landfills, less CO2 and greenhouse gases emission, as well as less mercury flowing into our lakes, rivers, and oceans.
- Reduced Maintenance and Labor Costs – electrical retrofits help extend the life expectancy of equipment and components. This will result in fewer malfunctions and prolonged periods between maintenance practices.
If you’re ready to start an electrical retrofitting project, contact us today and our team of licensed electricity specialist will work with you to develop a suitable action plan to modernize your current infrastructure.
Explore the posibilitys