Commercial Lighting Retrofits
With the increasing costs of energy, many companies nowadays are looking everywhere for possible ways to efficiently cut down their budgets without affecting the quality of the business.
Fortunately, lighting technology has come quite far in the past decade, proving the importance of commercial lighting retrofits and renovations.
Factoring in the Energy Policy Act of 2005, there has never been a better time to upgrade your facilities and make use of the advantages of a lighting retrofit project.
What is a Lighting Retrofit Project?
To put it in simple words, a retrofit (or a relighting) project renovates your old lighting fixtures, bulbs, and/or any other existing lighting technology to give you more efficient systems within the same electrical footprint. It improves the lighting output and temperature while generating less heat and saving more energy.
So how does it work? Common lighting retrofit projects start with the removal of all existing T12 lamps, magnetic ballasts, and/or HID fixtures then replacing them with T8/T5 lamps, electronic ballasts, and high bay replacement fixtures within an up and running facility.
Commercial lighting retrofits result in a positive boost of quality, quantity, and consistency of light. The energy savings will benefit your business as well as allow you to do your part for the environment. Also, the new lighting will help you adhere to government regulations since old T12 and HID systems are being phased out.
In addition to T12 retrofit projects, your company can benefit from LED or exterior lighting retrofits. We can help you determine exactly where your establishment will best reap the advantages of an upgrade.
Why Should You Consider a Commercial Lighting Retrofit?
If you’re still considering whether or not to retrofit your building, take a look at the following advantages of commercial lighting retrofits. Perhaps they’ll shed some light on just how good a retrofitting project would be for your business.
- More Savings – you can possibly recoup the money spent on upgrading your business to use more energy-efficient lighting over a 2-year period. You may be thinking otherwise, but this investment will bring the highest ROI as part of its financial benefit, which will continue as long as the system is intact by reducing energy consumption and cutting down your utility bills.
- Economic Benefits – whether newly constructed or under renovation, commercial establishment owners who decide to install sustainable lighting throughout their facilities can benefit from utility rebates, tax incentives, and federal tax deductions. For example, the Energy Policy Act of 2005 allows business owners to have a tax deduction of $.60 per square foot for setting up energy-efficient lighting with the necessary controls.
- Less Environmental Impact – lighting retrofits allow for less energy consumption. This means less maintenance, less waste spilling in the landfills, and less mercury flowing into the lakes, rivers, and oceans. Retrofits provide energy savings of 30-80%, so you can keep your building well-lit while reducing its footprint on the environment.
- Reduction in the costs of labor and materials due to fewer maintenance requests.
What We Can Do
Whether you have a single location or several thousand ones, we have the experience and resources to handle the full management of any commercial lighting retrofit projects from start to finish. This includes:
- Choosing the materials that are suitable for your site.
- Coordinating labor, materials, and field level support.
- In-depth energy savings analyses and lighting retrofit solutions.
- Complete lighting audit of the location to create a detailed proposal.
- Achieving targeted budgets and meeting designated timelines.
- Managing state, federal, and utility rebates or tax deductions.
- Recycling all lamps and ballasts in line with the EPA regulations.
- Warranty management.
Explore the posibilitys